Pomfret Fish – 10 pieces
Parsley leaves – 200 gm
Cheese Singles – 6 pieces
Lime – 6 to 8 pieces
Ground Garam Masala or Tandoori Masala
Garlic (2 whole), Onion (4 whole), Green chilies (4 -6), Green pepper(1 large), Ginger (20 gm),Tomato (2 whole)
Rice flour & Corn flour
- Heat 1 table spoon of butter or olive oil in a pan. Add chopped green chilies, garlic and green peppers to it and stir as it crackles. Fry for 2 – 3 minutes and then add the chopped onions and ginger and further fry for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add 3 table spoon of Garam Masala or Tandoori Masala and ground pepper and stir for 5 minutes adding 2 table spoon of water twice in between. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and 6 slices of cheese and cook till the cheese melt and had blended with the mixture.
- Empty the mixture into a grinder and add freshly chopped parsley and blend until it becomes a paste. Add fresh lime juice and salt to taste to the mixture.
- Clean the fish and marinate it with the mixture and then add rice flour and corn flour in the ratio 3:1 so as to form a light coating over the fish. Keep it aside for 1 and half hour.
- Shallow fry the marinated fish is olive oil.
- Serve the fish with a garnish of freshly chopped parsley and grated cheese and a slice of lime. It can also be served with garlic mint sauce.
8 thoughts on “How to make Fried Pomfrets ?”
Did you really cook it???? I can’t believe it! 🙂 I love fish too…i am a PURE non vegetarian :p
and I am a pure veg NOW !! 🙂 we had this huge picnic .. where this was being cooked for almost 30 heads.
NOW? Hmmmm…shadi ke baad i think so..right?? I have seen many of them turn veg after marriage-Strange!
well not exactly dear .. but even I have heard many leave non veg after marriage ..
Yes they do 🙂 …but when exactly,why exactly? I’ll have to write a post about it!
you write a post and if its funny .. let me doodle it for you ! 🙂
Say what! Let me write it as a guest post…. i’ll try doodling it myself, if i fail you do the doodle, and me the writing 🙂
done ! 🙂